Visitors to the PHS Fall Garden Festival on Sept. 11 can learn about a variety of programs and organizations that focus on sustainable living at the PHS Green Stop. The tent will be located on the north side of the festival grounds at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and will house a series of information stations that address green solutions to today’s challenges.
- PECO will provide information on its Smart Homes program and how to receive rebates by utilizing energy-efficient equipment and actions. The energy provider will also have free promotional items for visitors to its table.
- The Neighborhood Gardens Association, a Philadelphia Land Trust, will offer information about its mission, which is the continuity and long-term preservation of community-managed gardens and green spaces in Philadelphia neighborhoods.
- Greensgrow Farms, the Fishtown garden center, will provide information about its many educational programs. Greensgrow also will set up a bountiful farmers market at the Fall Garden Festival.
- The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia, which promotes biking as a healthy, low-cost and environmentally friendly form of transportation and recreation, will offer information about membership, resources, campaigns and upcoming events.
- Waste Management will show visitors how to think of waste as a resource for renewable energy.
- The Clean Air Council will offer information on how to reduce pollutants for a healthier environment.
- The Sustainable Business Network will provide information on joining the organization and how to grow and find businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible.
- The Philadelphia Water Department will offer information on ways to improve the water quality in the region, including innovative storm water management methods.
- The Urban Green Partnership will promote its GreenFest Philly event, which will be held Sept. 12 on Second Street, between South and Pine Streets. The festival brings together a variety of green businesses and organizations, including PHS, for an entertaining and educational celebration of green living.
Tags: Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia, Clean Air Council, GreenFest Philly, Greensgrow Farms, Neighborhood Garden Association, PECO, Philadelphia Water Department, PHS Fall Garden Festival, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia, Waste Management