First time to the Philadelphia Flower Show? Well, you’re in for a treat. Don’t let 10 acres of gardening exhibits and shopping opportunities daunt you, the Flower Show is nothing if not fun. Here are some tips to make the most of your experience.
- Dress for the occasion. There’s a lot to see, so comfortable shoes are a must. I also recommend dressing in layers (it can get chilly). If you are travelling in a large group, consider wearing matching colors. I know a group of five sisters who always wear pink sweaters. Believe me, they never get lost in the crowd.
- Take notes. A pen and paper are the two best things you can bring to the Show. I promise you’ll want to jot down the name of a certain plant species that wows you.
- Identify yourself. If you are a PHS member, bring your Membership ID, which entitles you to discounts at the Flower Show Gift Shoppe and other outlets.
- Plan the day. Check the schedule of events upon arrival. There are lectures, demonstrations, culinary displays, book signings and more that you don’t want to miss.
- Make a mental shopping list. The Flower Show is a shopper’s paradise. Think ahead to spring and what you might want for the months ahead. Throwing a party? Planning a garden bed? Considering a new hobby? Redecorating a room? Chances are the things you need can be found on the Show floor.
- Charge your batteries. Have your cell phone fully charged and ready. This year we’re presenting an audio tour. Signage at the Show will explain how to call in and learn interesting tidbits about the exhibits.
- Pace yourself. No need to race across the Show floor in a mad dash. Take it easy and take it all in. You’re gonna love it.