Didn’t get invited to the royal wedding? We’ve got the next best thing. Come to the Meadowbrook Farm Open House on Saturday, April 30 (8am to 6pm), for a day of shopping, music, food, and more.
The estate and gardens have been decked out for a “proper” English tea. Far from old-fashioned, this party features funky found objects and pops of spring color. A display of PHS Gold Medal Plants will highlight the absolute best plants for the region.
These displays, courtesy of Nectars Landscape & Design, will inspire you to add flair and fun to your castle. Shop Meadowbrook for herbs, hanging baskets, bulbs, and gifts for Mother’s Day (May 8).
Be further inspired by attending free mini-demonstrations led by gardening connoisseurs! The line-up is…
- 10 am, Compost ‘Tea’ & Other Tips for a Greener Garden
- 11 am, A Modern Twist on Elegant English Design
- 12 noon, 600 Pounds of Produce: Competitive Pumpkin Growing
- 1 pm, The Royal Treatment: Traditional English Arrangements
- 2 pm, Fit for a King: The Must-Have Plants for Spring
On top of all that, the Open House features a kids’ activity, face painting, and fantastic lunches and snacks from Curds ‘n Whey. Find more information at www.meadowbrookfarm.org. This Open House is sure to be smashing!