If you struck up a passionate gardening conversation with a friendly, smart-as-a-whip woman at the Flower Show’s PHS Exhibit, it may have been Mia Mengucci.
We asked Mia about her Flower Show volunteerism and why she comes back year after year. In return she gave us not one, but 10 reasons (in no particular order, although she saved the best for last). Take it away, Mia!
I volunteer at the Flower Show because I…
- Get behind-the-scenes access to the world-famous Show
- Reunite with the “family” of volunteers
- Receive smiles and hugs-a-plenty
- Catch spring fever
- Find ideas on how to get my garden to look as good as the exhibits—but I still have a long way to go!
- Discover that sleep deprivation builds character
- People-watch for hours on end
- Can eat a pretzel with mustard and call it a complete meal—no time for relaxed dining!
- Share my first-hand experience and knowledge of all the wonderful things that PHS does for the area
- Meet wonderful people from around the world