With so much to see and do at the 2012 Philadelphia International Flower Show, it’s best to plan ahead. In addition to the outstanding exhibits, you may want to go beyond the Show floor to some of these special attractions—there’s sure to be something for everyone. Most of the experiences listed below require a special ticket, so click the links for details.
Bear with us, this is quite the list, but there is just so much to do!
The Flower Show After Dark
1. Flower Show Preview Party: (Saturday, March 3, 6:00-8:30 pm) Not only will you be one of the first to see the Show, you’ll also be at the best place for people-watching! Don your finest for this black-tie cocktail party and (optional) dinner.
2. Preview Party After Party: (Saturday, March 3, 8:30 pm-12:30 am) When the Preview Party is over, the fun continues with dance music, desserts, and drinks. Admission is included for Preview Party attendees.
3. LGBT Night Out: (Monday, March 5, 6:00-8:30) The LGBT community is invited to an evening of networking and an opportunity to meet Phillip Watson, QVC garden expert and author.
4. Wedding Wednesday: (March 7, 5:30-8:30 pm) Brides and their attendants can sip champagne and plan the perfect wedding as local experts lend advice.
5. Girls’ Night Out: (Thursday, March 8, 5:30-8:30 pm) Get the girls together for a special evening of food and wine tastings, health and beauty samplings, and more from Philadelphia’s most coveted brands. The first 250 guests receive a special gift bag.
6. Early Morning Tours: (Monday-Friday, 8:00-10:00 am) This special ticket includes an intimate guided tour, a flower-arranging demonstration, a ticket for another day’s admission, 10% off at the Flower Show Shop, and more.
7. Design Workshop and Reception with Hitomi Gilliam: (Wednesday, March 7, 2:00-4:00 pm, Room 108 A-B) Designer and educator Hitomi Gilliam will delight audiences with her outside-the-box approach to floral arrangements. At the reception, featuring light refreshments and a cash bar, Hitomi will sign copies of her book.
8. Melissa Gorga Bottle Signing: (Friday, March 9, 5:00-7:00 pm) Meet Melissa Gorga of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, who will sign bottles of Voli Lyte Vodka, a line of low-calorie vodkas. No special ticket required.
9. Bethenny Frankel Bottle Signing: (Saturday, March 10, 2:30-4:30 pm) Made famous on Bravo TV’s Bethenny Ever After, Ms. Frankel will be on hand to sign bottles of her Skinnygirl products; no special ticket required.
10. PHS Community Brunch: (Sunday, March 11, 11:00 am) Brunch is the perfect way to support PHS while enjoying a delightful meal. PHS president Drew Becher will host a discussion, including updates on PHS initiatives.
11. Sprout Snack: (Sunday, March 11, 3:45 pm) Families can join friends from The Sunny Side Up Show, The Pajanimals, and The Berenstain Bears for an interactive afternoon snack. Characters will join you at your table for one-on-one time, photos, and autographs.
12. Garden Tea: Make reservations for Garden Tea. Seatings are twice daily and include a proper menu of fine tea and pastries.
Something for Everyone (and Free with Flower Show ticket)
13. Gardening Lectures and Presentations: From small-scale crop production to growing the perfect African Violet, there is a presentation sure to fulfill your quest for horticultural knowledge.
14. Culinary Demonstrations: Organic Gardening magazine is hosting demonstrations that will showcase a full-range of techniques and cuisines led by expert chefs.
15. Wine Tasting: Stop by the Grand Hall to savor wines and liquors from the world’s finest makers, including specialty products from Hawaii.
16. The Einstein Healthcare Network Family Lounge powered by Sprout: The Family Lounge is the perfect place for young ones (and their parents) to unwind—and look for special guests to drop in.
17. The Man Cave: Guys (and gals!) can relax in a plush theater seat while sipping a drink and catching up on their favorite team. Try a hand of poker or swing a club in a virtual golf match.